Fri, 19 Mar|
Zoom online event
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team online Book Club
This leaders fable by Patrick Lencioni is a best seller and "must read" for leaders. Join our Book Club 1 hour session to delve deeper into this classic. There is no charge for this on line event. You do not need to have already read this book as we cover the key themes in the 12 minute video.
Time & Location
19 Mar 2021, 09:30 – 10:30 GMT
Zoom online event
About the event
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni first published in 2002. It describes the many pitfalls that teams face as they seek to "grow together". This book explores the fundamental causes of organizational politics and team failure. Like most of Lencioni's books, the bulk of it is written as a business fable. This book has appeared on American best-seller lists including: The New York Times Best Seller List, Business Week, Wall Street Journal and USA Today
According to the book, the five dysfunctions are:
· Absence of trust—unwilling to be vulnerable within the group
· Fear of conflict—seeking artificial harmony over constructive passionate debate
· Lack of commitment—feigning buy-in for group decisions creates ambiguity throughout the organization
· Avoidance of accountability—ducking the responsibility to call peers, superiors on counterproductive behavior which sets low standards
· Inattention to results—focusing on personal success, status and ego before team success
Join this Book Club session which lasts for one hour and is hosted online by Roy Newey and Andy Wright. We watch a 12 minute video summary of the key themes and then discuss it looking for the actionable points we can takeaway for the following week. You do not need to have read the book beforehand because the video covers the whole book.
We are an international group who meet monthly and all are welcome.
Book ClubOnline Zoom